new stamp, new batch
they have great deals and really caters to my growing obsession with stamping and copic colouring.
in this card series, I experimented with skin colour (don’t make fun of my 3rd grade colouring skills . . . I am a newbie in a “I never made a card, coloured, or stamped in my entire life until 5 months ago” kinda way . . . there, I said it)
kept the layout really simple given that the focus of making these cards was more about learning to stamp and colour.
so there are a myriad of things I’m learning to consider and sort out:
- the number of colour shades you have on hand to create depth, shadow, and texture
- your ability to blend colours without bleeding the paper to bits
- the kind of paper to colour on
- how well you stamp on the paper
- the kind of ink you use to stamp with (archival, permanent, etc) as well as being patient enough to let it fully dry!